Cornerstone Academy is looking for students eager to work collaboratively with students and teachers at a rigorous level.
Student must be willing to accept challenging coursework that pushes them to understand at deeper levels.
- Student must be eligible to enroll in SBISD schools. Proof of Residency must be provided if chosen in lottery.
- Because instruction at Cornerstone is delivered at an advanced level, students who apply should have at least a 75 average in each class for the current school year as reported on their first semester report card.
- Parents must be willing to volunteer 10 hours each school year. We offer a variety of opportunities during and after school hours.
- Students and parents must understand that all Cornerstone classes are AAC and/or High School Level Courses. The curriculum is rigorous and taught at a deeper and complex level of understanding.
- November 14, 2022 @ 9:00 AM - Application Opens
- January 20, 2023 @ 11:59 PM - Application Closes
- February 1, 2023 @ 10:00 AM - Run Lottery
- February 10, 2023 @ 4:00 PM - Lottery Results Emailed
- February 17, 2023 - Parents Accept or Decline Invitation
- May 5, 2023 @ 9:00 AM - Late Application Window Opens
- July 14, 2023 @ 11:59 PM - Late Application Window Closes
APPLICATION INFORMATION & IMPORTANT DATES
APPLICATIONS ARE ONLINE ONLY FOR ALL SBISD CHOICE SCHOOLS
Saturday, January 14th 9:00 - 12:00
(Teachers Available-Information from Director-Tour the School)
Parent Informational Meeting:
Tuesday, November 29
6:00-7:00PM in the CSA Auditorium
Parent Informational Meeting: Zoom Link (Password: choice)
Tuesday, December 6
- 5:30-6:30PM on Zoom (English)
- 6:30-7:30 on Zoom (Spanish)
Support Documents Needed to a Complete Application for Cornerstone Academy:
1st semester report card (you will receive this report card from your child’s elementary school after the Winter Break in January). The 1st semester report card includes all grading periods from the beginning of school through December. These are due before the application window closes January 20, 2023.
Drop off the report card in-person at the Cornerstone office (7:00am - 4:00pm) before January 20, 2023.
Email it to the assistant principal, Daniel Feak (email@example.com)
Apply Online: Application Page
The online application and additional choice school information can be found here.
Visit the Choice Program web page for information about Choice in SBISD.